Monday, February 14, 2011

Sweet Valentine's Day Memories :)

This year, Matthew Ryan and I will be celebrating our 5th Valentine's Day together.
This morning he had to be at work at a ridiculous hour and I didn't hear him leave.
I woke up way past my alarm and as I frantically tried to get ready, I texted him
"Have you fed Lucy and let her out?"
He answered that he hadn't but had a follow up text of
"Happy Valentine's Day...I love you!"
which of course melted my heart because I wasn't even thinking
about what day it was...
just how I was going to get to work on time. :) This morning I have been thinking of our very first Valentine's Day.
February 14, 2007.
I got all dressed up and was excited for my first ever Valentine's Day date
with someone who I loved and could really see a future with.
:)
At this point we were quite serious and by the next Valentine's Day we were engaged.
We braved the crowd of people and had a 2 hour wait at Carrabas.
But during that wait, he took me to a local park where we froze and opened up
the presents we got one another.
I made him a huge posterboard card with our pictures on it that he could hang up in
his apartment. :)
He handed me a ring box which I freaked out about until I opened it.
50 tiny little pieces of paper came out and each one had a quality
that he loved about me on it.

:)
I am super blessed with a wonderful man who is my valentine
but also my Heavenly Father who created love and loves us so much he
sent his son to die for us.
I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day and enjoy it
with the ones you love!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

What an adorable story!