Monday, February 28, 2011

Happy "Non" Birthday Auntie K


My dear sweet Aunt Karen's birthday is February 29 which only exists once every 4 years. (LEAP YEAR!) So in honor of her I want to wish her a Happy Non Birthday! :) We normally celebrate with her on February 28 but she always jokes with anyone who tells her Happy Birthday or wants to make it special on this day, "You know, It's really not my actual birthday...." I remember turning 13 before she did! :) And, when I was in college she had a slumber party with my mom and several other of their best friends to celebrate her big entrance in to becoming a "teenager". :)
Auntie K, I love you so much and am so happy to be able to blog alongside you! I am sorry that you haven't seen your actual birthday in print that many times but know that this makes you SO special and unique. I am so blessed to have you for an aunt! You are precious to me. :)

My aunt is an incredibly talented quilter and you can check out her blog here.
Happy MARCH everybody! Goodness gracious, I can't believe it is March already.

2 comments:

Karen said...

What a sweet post, you are precious to me too!! Thanks for thinking of me, I've been praying for you guys.....

Courtney said...

Your aunt sounds so funny! I've always thought it would be fun to be born on leap year!