Wednesday, August 28, 2013

26 Years!

So today is my 26th Birthday!


 My whole little family is sick which kind of stinks but thankfully its just a little cold.  
Grayson is pretty much all better except for a few sniffles but the hubs is sick (and he doesn't really do sick well if you know what I mean.....love you babe ;)) so we will probably have to postpone celebrating until the weekend. 

I am so blessed by all the love I have already received through texts, calls, Facebook messages, cards, and presents in the mail.  Birthdays are pretty wonderful but I was telling my mom on the phone earlier that since becoming a mom, it really changes everything.  It's no longer just about me- I have this little person who is a joy to take care of.  The Lord shows me 5 million times a day through Gray that it's not an option to be selfish anymore because his needs HAVE to come before mine.  I am still very sinful and a lot of times choose myself over others, but I am so thankful that God has blessed me with a precious little reminder that my life is not about me- its all about Jesus and serving him through honoring and respecting my husband, taking care of my baby, and serving others.


I'm looking forward to a great 26th year...I am so thankful for everyone and everything the Lord has placed in my life.  Cheers to 26 years!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Can you hear us singing??? Happy Birthday to my youngest niece, we love you. Sorry you were a little under the weather. It's going to be a great year!

Debra said...

To my precious daughter...what a joy you are!!! Wish your birthday would have been a little more upbeat, but you will have some time to celebrate later hopefully. Love you...know this will be a great year!