Friday, August 12, 2011

So long, So long, So long since I've posted!

The past month has been filled with highs and lows.


Even just thinking about it, I can't believe all of the valleys and mountains the Lord has been guiding us through. :)


And although I don't have time at this very moment to share everything (I promise I will :)) that has happened, I do know that God has been very faithful and he I have seen first hand his promise that he never gives us more than we can handle. :)


I am very thankful for that fact. So, today what I do have time to share is that our beloved home that we have had a contract on since May...the home that I pictured hosting Christmas in with my family, bringing our first child home from the hospital in, decorating every room, you name it....it isn't ours anymore.


We found the news out on Sunday night as we were driving back from St. Louis (I will explain why we were there in a whole other post) that our contract became null and void due to circumstances with the seller. This was a pretty hard pill to swallow at first, but since then we have realized that God's hand is in it. That maybe He has another house that is supposed to be ours.


So, we have started the search all over again. And it was fun for the first .2 seconds. Now I just want someone to find it for me, set up a closing date, and tell me when to be there to sign. :) Just kidding....kind of. I am trying to be grateful that we even have the opportunity to buy a house and grateful that there are such good deals out there, but MAN is house hunting/buying stressful in this market. Everything is either a forclosure or short sale & what isn't can be on the market one day and gone the next.


So, until next time (which hopefully will be sooner than later :))....I am going to try to be excited about finding our first home and less frustrated. If anyone knows of anyone selling their home in the NE suburbs of Atlanta--give me a shout.

:)


Happy Weekend!

P.S. I AM FINALLY GOING TO THE CHICO'S/WHBM EMPLOYEE STORE TOMORROW AND CAN'T EVEN HANDLE MY EXCITEMENT!!! :)

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Oh man, I know exactly how you feel. I remember thinking that buying our house was going to be such an exciting adventure. 4 months later and I HATED house shopping! I dreaded every time our realtor called to show a house that just came on the market. We also had to deal with a lot of foreclosures and short sales and I was let down on more than one occasion after falling in love with a house. The house we ended up buying was a short sale that we were under contract with for 2 months before we got a closing date. I thank God that he closed as many doors as He did because we ended up getting a GREAT deal on a house we love. Keep praying and God will open the perfect door for you guys. =)