Monday, August 29, 2011

The Big 2-4

I like being 24 so far. Probably because the first day of this birth year was awesome.

I spent the whole day with my husband.

I got happy birthday texts and facebook messages.

We went to church.

My sweet new friend suprised me with a present at church.

We went to Dunkin Donuts.

Matt actually drank coffee.

I opened up cards and presents.

We watched an episode of Everwood.

(since we're not in our house and don't have cable or internet yet, we have been watching seasons of this show--it's so good. I never saw it when it was on TV.)

We drove around to find a park for Lucy to play at.

Matt threw the football for her and I enjoyed laying in the sun on fresh cut grass.

We came home and watched two more episodes of Everwood.

Then we got ready and went to Fogo de Chao for dinner, an awesome brazillian steakhouse, where pretty much we committed gluttony and felt like we needed to be rolled out of there afterwards.

And even though Matt was a wonderful husband and made me feel very special,

he kind of freaked out a little bit when he saw the bill.

;)

Because in all of our 3 years of marriage, we have never paid that much for one meal.

But it was SO worth it. And my very frugal hubby felt the same way.
So here's to 24....I'm excited for a GREAT year. :)
New city.
New job.
New house.
New friends.
Lord, help me to honor you with all of the blessings you have poured out on my life.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love you - so glad your birthday was wonderful.

Alli Garlich said...

glad you had a great bday! I love that restaurant and I LOVED Everwood! I think you are the only other person I know that also appreciates it!