Monday, May 20, 2013

Teething & Hey Girl

So we are in the middle of a lovely new stage of babyhood that I just love. NOT.

Teething is bad news bears.

My usually happy, mostly content baby has been a pitiful, sad, drooly, gassy, fussy, whiny little tiny one. Grayson is in the process of cutting his first tooth and instead of it being one of his bottom teeth like normal, he is in the 10% of babies that cut one of their top teeth first. Our pediatrician said that usually the top are harder on them and because it is his first and he's never experienced pain like that before it's even worse. Then to compound on his poor little baby gum pain, his little tummy has been through the ringer. I'm still not sure if its the infant ibuprofen the dr. said to give him or something else, but my poor little angel has had some of the worse gas pains. :( The past several nights he has woken up crying in pain and tooting so much. :( That might be a little TMI (and sorry future Grayson that your mommy felt the need to share this on her blog ;)) but it has been SO sad. I am pretty sure it was the medicine so I think we will stick with Tylenol from here on out because I read that sometimes ibuprofen can be hard on their tummies. Praise The Lord that yesterday finally after some very hard days and nights, little Gray slept good and we actually were able to get some smiles and laughs! Yesterday we went medicine free and tried to stick with cold things in his mouth. He's still not fully himself yet but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Although I kind of want to cry when I think about the fact that he will be getting teeth until he's 3 years old.  Here's a text I sent my husband while he conveniently had a meeting in downtown Atlanta and didn't get home until after bedtime the day that Grayson started getting his tooth.  He texted me a picture of the Westin with the awesome restaurant at the top overlooking downtown that I have always wanted to go to where his meeting was next to. 

Moving on to something totally random, I have been loving the Ryan Gosling Hey Girl pictures. I know that this probably has been a trend for a long time, but I am just now really paying attention to them and they crack me up. These are some of my favs:

(Is it really sad that my favorites center around the theme of staying in pjs/yoga pants all day?!?)

And even though this is not Ryan, it will make you laugh if you grew up in church. :)

Happy Monday and here's to a hopefully teething free week! :)

No comments: