Friday, March 8, 2013

Four Months!!

Weight: 15 lbs 5 oz
Height: 25 1/2" long
(50% Percentile for Both :))

My precious little man turned 4 months on the 4th of February (his golden month :)) and our life has been so busy lately I haven't even documented the occasion. I will be posting his 5 month recap right after this because he just turned 5 months!! I can't hardly believe it!!

I think every month just gets more and more fun as we see our sweet G's personality shine through. He is a people person (just like his mama :)) and loves it when we go out to dinner because he can do some major people watching. Grayson loves to smile and pretty much all you have to do is smile at him and say hi and his whole precious face lights up. :)  He absolutely LOVES his daddy and as soon as he hears his deep voice say "Hey Dude" or "Hey Buddy Buddy Buddy" :) you can count on some big toothless grins coming from our munchkin. 

During his third month, Grayson really became much more adept at pulling on toys, sitting in his bumbo with his head held great, grasping toys, and he started rolling over a little more from his belly to his back. He started using his vocal cords a little more and talking to us. His little voice is the cutest ever and I could hear it all day long.  He started doing some serious baby crunches when you lay him down on his back & he is looking like he wants to sit up so badly already.  

Grayson is still wearing some 0-3 month clothes but mostly 3-6 month clothes.  He is wearing size 2 diapers. I had to go out and buy some new cute Carter's PJ's in 6 month sizes because he hardly had any that fit him anymore.  There is just something about a fresh baby out of the bath with pajamas on...it kills me!  Speaking of his bath, this baby still LOVES bathtime.  He could stay in there forever if we let him!

The very end of this month we started to have some nighttime sleep issues which I attributed to the "wonder weeks" and also a four month sleep regression.  The Wonder Weeks is a book that explains the developmental leaps that infants make at different weeks during their first several years of life.  The book calls them "leaps" and sometimes they can affect eating and sleeping habits, and also just make babies a tad more fussy because of all the new things their brains are learning.

Likes:
His daddy & anything he does
He loves his mommy too :) and gives me smiles pretty much all the time 
Bathtime
When we bounce him and say hey buddy buddy buddy at the same time- he gets a kick out of it ;)
People watching

Dislikes:
Shots :(
Our precious cheeky boy,
Grayson Patrick Garlich you are SO STINKIN PRECIOUS.  Sometimes I will look at you and just stare in amazement that you are mine!  Thank you for being such a good baby- your daddy is a little nervous that our other children might  be little hoodlums because you are SO GOOD.  I just assure him that hopefully they all will be like you. :)  You have such a happy little personality and also very observant.  You love to watch the world around you and just take it all in.  I can't wait to see how each of these things plays into your personality as you grow.  Your daddy and I are so in love with you and if it's possible, fall harder for your every day.  We are praying for you every day.  We pray for your future friends, your future spouse (even though some days I say you aren't allowed to get married ;)), your heart and that the Lord would pursue it, your health, and we PRAISE the Lord for you.  Time is FLYING by and some days I get sad when I think about you growing so quickly but it's those days that I try really hard to not complain about certain things like you not napping well and just soak you up- take a mental picture and ask the Lord to really help me remember everything about you at this age.  I know it will go by so fast so I really try to just treasure every day.  We love you more than anything in the world, sweet angel, and you are the best thing that has EVER happened to your daddy and I.  Thank you for being YOU.  

Love, 
Mommy and Daddy

No comments: