Friday, September 7, 2012

Almost 37 Weeks & Update on Life

How far along? 36 Weeks 5 Days


Total weight gain: +31

Maternity clothes? Definitely. I can still wear some longer tops thankfully, though.

Stretch marks? None. I have been blessed with great genes because my mom didn't get a single one with any of her pregnancies!

Sleep: Oh, sleep! It's been much more challenging to get comfortable and once I do might have to pee 2-4 times in the middle of the night. Our sweet baby Gray has dropped and his little head is resting on my bladder to make sleeping through the night impossible. I think it is God and my body's way of preparing me for what's to come. :)

Best moment this week (changing it to this past month :)): My amazing husband surprised me with a pretty amazing push present which was flying one of my dearest best friends up, Sarah, who is an extremely talented photographer. She took our maternity photo shoot and I was able to spend the whole weekend with her. It was so wonderful! The week after she came,
I turned 25, had my last day of work in the corporate world, and we made major headway on the nursery. It is 97% complete and just needs the curtains hung, crib skirt put in, and some things hung on the wall. Life has been so full but Matt and I realize how blessed we are with the Lord's faithfulness in this season of life.

Miss Anything? Nope...just getting so excited to see his sweet face soon!

Movement: Yes, Grayson is a little mover and a shaker. I love every second.

Food cravings: Nothing really. I am not as hungry as usual. I don't think there is much room for my stomach anymore. :)

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really. The past several days I have had some moments of nausea but I can't really attribute it to anything.

Gender: A precious baby boy!

Symptoms: Swelling feet (although since I stopped working last Friday this hasn't happened once!), some hip pain after sleeping, and my hands falling asleep. Other than that, I am feeling good.

Belly Button in or out? It is officially out in all it's glory and has been for a while. :)

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy with some small hormonal moments mixed in.

Looking forward to: Meeting our precious munchkin. There have been some signs that I don't think I am going to make it until my due date. We are anxious, excited, and trying to trust the Lord that he will bring Grayson in the world at the perfect time. :)

So I know that I pretty much suck at blogging and all of my posts are recaps of our life, but I at least just want to write down the big stuff so I can look back on.

A pretty amazing event happened on August 7th- my angel baby nephew Brody James was born! He was two weeks early but such a precious little tiny man who I keep telling not to grow too much because Aunt Audra can't see him until Thanksgiving. Brody, thank you for FaceTiming me so I can see your precious face. Your cousin Grayson can't wait to meet you and wear the matching Christmas pajamas that Nana bought for when we are together. 

Lastly, there are some pictures at the bottom of our two baby showers- we had one thrown by our sweet small group here and another one the very next weekend (back in July) thrown by my husband's aunts in St. Louis.  Our little man was gifted with so many things and has so many people who love him already! 
   

 


I should be getting our maternity photo shoot CD in the mail today and will try to post them on here, but chances are the next time I blog will be to introduce our BABY BOY!!! :)  I can't even handle my excitement/mixed with nerves! :)

1 comment:

Debra said...

Oh my goodness. Such blessings I can hardly believe it!!! You look so happy. Love the pictures! We are definitely in countdown mode! Love, Mom